Below are the various services provided by the shelter:
- $165 for Puppies Under 6 Months Old
- $135 for Dogs over 6 Months Old
- $70 for Senior Dogs over 6 Years Old
- $100 for Pitbull Mixes
- $200 for Prison Dogs (8 weeks of basic obedience training and socialization)
*Included is the current year’s dog license, a free wellness exam from any veterinarian within Clark County, microchipping, and a 30 day insurance policy.
- $75 for Kittens Under 6 Months Old
- $50 for Cats Over 6 Months Old
- $35 for Barnyard Cats
*All cats have been microchipped, spayed or neutered, vaccinated, and tested for feline leukemia and AIDS.
** All cats and kittens MUST be transported home in a pet carrier. A cardboard pet carrier can be purchased for an additional $5.00.
Other Types of Animals
- Prices vary
Redemptions are processed from:
Monday & Tuesday – 1:00p – 3:00p
(Closed to the Public. Please knock on the front door for assistance.)
Thursday – 1:00p – 6:00p
Friday – 1:00p – 4:00p
Saturday – 12:00p – 3:30p
(No redemptions available Wednesdays & Sundays)
Last redemption begins 30 minutes before closing time.
In order to redeem an animal, a valid photo ID card, proof of ownership, proof of dog license (if already licensed), proof of rabies inoculation, and cash only for the redemption costs.
** Current dog owner is responsible for providing all documentation. The Humane Society staff is not permitted to call your veterinarian to request this information.**
Animals who are brought into the shelter (by a dog warden or Good Samaritan) and wish to be redeemed, their rightful owners will incur the following fees:
- $55.00 for the first day
- $12.50 each additional day
If a stray animal is here beyond 72 hours, it may require additional services to prepare it for adoption. Rightful owners may also incur the following costs:
- $40.00 for dog license
- $25.00 for heartworm testing
- Up to $150.00 for spaying or neutering fee
- Any additional veterinary costs
Our shelter IS accepting owner releases or strays when kennel space is available. An appointment and application are required. Owner releases are not guaranteed. No walk-ins will be accepted.
For those pets owners who wish to surrender to the shelter, there are certain associated costs:
- $50 – Dog (if spayed or neutered)
- $70 – Dog (NOT spayed or neutered)
- $30 – Cat (if spayed or neutered)
- $45 — Cat (NOT spayed or neutered)
- $35 – Puppy (12 weeks old or less)
- $75 — Litter of Puppies ($95 with mother)
- $35 – Kitten (12 weeks old or less)
- $75 — Litter of kittens ($95 with mother)
- $10 – Guinea pig, rabbit, ferret, etc. (must have cage and food)
- $50 – Other animals including those outside of Clark County
- $20 – Rabbit
- $20 – Guinea pig
- Birds — Price will vary — See Manager
- Hampsters, gerbils, mice, and rats — Price will vary — See Manager
Pets can be microchipped for $25.00. There are no further fees or membership costs as the microchip is good for the lifetime of the animal.
Dogs under 15 lbs — $50
Dogs 16 lbs and over — $75
Cats — $50
** Ashes are NOT returned to the owner. **
Dogs — $75
Cats — $50
** By appointment only. **